- Vintage apparels are exclusive and unique. Things in the past re-appear again. There are many designs which becomes a thing of past and they are created new again. There is a good possibility that you will discover the exclusive edition of that design in an existing product from that era. However, there is always a possibility that buying vintage item will be unique.
- Buying Vintage apparel is a big cost advantage. The cost is usually a fraction of the new items, but can lend your wardrobe a sophisticated look. This is the best way in which one can wear the “best out of style” at a very less cost.
- We get the advantage of getting high-quality methods and elements. Some of the materials used before, in fact, are not anymore available today, or if they are, would cost handsome amounts. Some primitive clothes are made of really high standard and processes. Traditional outfits may be used, but it may still be of top amazing, and most classic design shops will not offer poor-quality items. Often, when you buy classic, this amazing will be at a cheaper. Used second hand shops often work as benevolent organizations, importance your money goes to an amazing cause.
- Vintage clothes are considered more environment friendly or eco-friendly. The reason because is that mostly the vintage clothes are recycled. Vintage clothes have already been used once, and by wearing them again, you are recycling them. On a larger scale, you are not using your money to pay for the natural resources used in the production of a new item (fuel for shipping, energy to produce, etc.), you are not contributing to pollution (emissions from factories, dumping of dyes and chemicals, etc.), and you are saving those items from going into the entire production process thereby reducing the environmental aspect to a great extent. In this process, one is going one step closer to be more eco-friendly.
- Thrift stores are mostly run by non-profit organisations. This gives an impression in the mind of the buyer that the purchase is made for a good cause as well. Some part of these purchase normally goes to the benefit of non-profit organisations.
The designs are what make alternative clothing, alternative. Plain colours are less common than bright mixtures of shades that wouldn’t normally go together in a high street shop. Designs that take from rock n roll, zombie flicks, and graffiti or tattoo styles are also more commonplace than the usual motifs and designs that you find on the more common clothing items. If you like to express your individuality through the clothes you wear then alternative clothing ranges are where you should be headed.
The love affair with alternative clothing has increased in recent years as more and more people do aim to look different to the rest of the crowd; a move that should definitely be applauded. As such, the rang of clothes, footwear, underwear, swimwear, and accessories has also increased so that you can find any individual piece of clothing or create an entire outfit from alternative clothing. You can certainly fill your wardrobe with items like dresses, t-shirts, and a host of other clothing items.
Choosing alternative fashion doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality either. In fact, because streetwear in particular has been designed for rugged use by skaters you will usually find that these items are created to last and will take regular wear and tear as well as more vigorous use without falling apart and without the unique design fading. You can enjoy standing out from the crowd for all the right reasons thanks to the great looking designs and not the t-shirts with holes in.
Alternative clothing can be used to create a whole outfit or it can be added to an existing outfit to stamp your uniqueness and to create an entirely new look. Labels like Jawbreaker, Akumu Ink, and Kreepsville 666 are among some of the most prominent creators of unique clothing items and they offer a huge collection of ranges and styles to match your preferences.
Know your size
Women’s tops showcase in a variety of sizes. You need to know your actual body size when looking for such dresses. There are tops meant for fat ladies. There are also the types meant for skinny ladies. Each of them comes with a definite size. If you’re obese, you may not have a particular clothing size. You don’t need to panic about that. There are plus-size dresses available for obese people. You can always go for them. You can always engage a tailor to help you re-shape them.
Choose a favorite style and color
Tops showcase in a variety of styles and colors. Some of them are designed with V-neck. Others come with round-neck design. There are several colors of such dresses available. You can go for the lone colors or the mixed-colored types. You simply need to choose your favorite color and style when searching for them.
Consider the quality of the fabric
Women’s tops are made of different kinds of fabric materials. They can be made of cotton, wool, linen and other materials. Some of them are made of thick materials while others are made of soft materials. You have to choose the best dresses that will suit your condition. You can have a combination of the light and heavy tops. You can always use them during different weather conditions. You can put on the light dresses during summer season while you wear the heavy ones during winter.
You’ve got to shop around when looking for quality female tops. There are several fashion shops that market such female dresses. You can see them around your vicinity. However, the internet offers you easy access to several online fashion shops where female dresses are sold. You can easily browse through them online. You need to compare prices as you check through the shops. You’re sure to locate a reliable online shop that will give you quality dresses at affordable prices when you come online.
- Designer Handbags: The Varieties of Designer Bags and Accessories such as totes and evening bags are vital in order to make a style statement. Women who are photographed at gala red carpet events or other significant gatherings with noteworthy attendees need a variety of designer bags for various functions to ensure that they present a well-coordinated and sharp fashion statement. The designer bags they carry should be appropriate for the event and the function as well as correlate with their clothes.
- TYPES of BAGS: A person eager to make a fashion statement at all times should have a good selection of designer luggage, backpacks, laptop bags, briefcases, satchels, cross body handbags, totes, shoulder bags, wallets, purses, clutches, as well as cosmetic or jewelry bags in various colors and materials that reflect their unique style and sense of fashion.
- MATERIAL: Designer bags are available in patent leather, suede, canvas, straw, cotton, metal, rubberized leather, embroidered leather, cotton canvas, printed, knitted cotton, PVC and leather, printed cotton canvas, plaid felt, printed vinyl, leather trimmed nylon, textured leather, block printed leather, hand textured leather, perforated leather, canvas and PVC, raffia tasseled, crystal embellished satin, and more. When choosing a designer bag, the buyer should decide on the material and texture based on the major criteria for the purpose of the bag. For instance, a clutch that is to be used with evening wear can be embellished with crystals, while a laptop bag should be differentiated by using textured leather or something similar.
- SIZE: Another important factor when choosing designer bags is size. Again, the size of the bag should be in line with its function. While clutches to be used with evening wear should be small and sleek, tote bags can be in different sizes depending on where you plan to take them. A person who wants to make a style statement through their luggage should have luggage in a range of sizes from small overnight bags to large pieces of luggage for use when you need to pack a lot of clothes and other items
- COLOR: Apart from purchasing a variety of types of bags, you also need to make sure you have them in a variety of colors. This is especially true for clutches and evening bags. Women will need to own evening bags and clutches in colors and embellishments that complement their various evening wear. Women should have a couple of evening bags and clutches in black and white apart from their favorite color. For instance, if you choose to wear a lot of purple because the color enhances your looks, make sure that you own designer bags such as totes, clutches, handbags, and satchels in complementary colors. This will enable you to mix and match designer bags with the various outfits depending on what the day will involve.
The Bolero Jacket
A bolero jacket has its uses. They keep your shoulders warm on any number of occasions while still displaying your outfit. A common use is in churches during weddings or christenings. These institutions require covering the shoulders. The added benefit is a bolero also keeps the chill out when you are sitting in these less than well-heated places.
If you do not have a bolero jacket handy but do own a pashmina scarf or shawl, you can create one easily. Drape the fabric around the nape of the neck making sure the material covers the shoulders. Seize the two ends remaining at the front. Pass them back beneath your arms – but do not cross them. Tie in the back with a single knot.
While simple to create, this look is handy if you want to alter your overall appearance during the evening. You could adopt this style for the actual church event then change afterwards for reception party. You could also wear this to and from any event but abandon it for the actual event.
The Simple Wrap
It is also easily possible to adopt the pashmina scarf for an elegant and classic look suitable for either day or evening attire. Put the pashmina scarf around neck at the back. Make sure the material barely cover each shoulder and that the shorter piece of material is fully open width-wise as it lies in place at the front of the body. Next, cross the lengthier piece over the shorter piece. The fabric end will now be on the opposite shoulder. The material positioned at the neck’s front lies in a tidy arrangement some inches apart from the skin. As a finishing and necessary touch, attach a brooch to the fabric hanging beneath the shoulder where the fabric now has a free end at front and a loose end draped at back.
The Classic Drape
The common practice for wearing a pashmina scarf is to drape it around the neck so the loose ends hang at the front of the body. If you want to upgrade the look for elegant eveningwear, reverse the process. Place the scarf across the front of your throat. The ends can trail gracefully down each side of your back or, alternatively, you can secure them once slightly above your waist.
Scarves also add color and pattern which can help to boost any outfit and bring it from ordinary to va-va-voom!
Furthermore, scarves add dimension to outfits because there are thousands of ways you can wear a scarf when you change the type of scarf, the knot you use or even the accessory you use, such as adding a scarf ring. Although there are so many ways you can wear a scarf, so many styles could be overwhelming so we wanted to break it down into 3 easy tips that you could use for any outfit.
Grab some scarves from your collection or your favorite boutique and follow these three basic steps on how to wear a scarf.
- The Fold and Loop- this kind of fold is best worn when your scarf is a light-weight pashmina. Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and wrap it around your neck. One end of the scarf will be a loop and the other end with be the tail ends of the scarf. With the loop end, take the scarf tails and pull them through. This knot is also called the European Loop and is great over a coat or with a blouse.
- The Basic Neck Wrap- This style is good for long and narrow scarves. You just simply wrap around the scarf on your neck once and let the tails of the scarf hang down your back. This style is appropriate for indoor wear and also look great when you want to add small detail but nothing to take away from the main focus of another fashion accessory.
- The Square Cowboy- Small to medium sized square scarves are appropriate for this style. Fold the scarf once in a triangle and then place the long folded edge around the front of your neck, with the scarf tails at the back. Then you will tie the scarf tails in a basic knot (just like you would tie the first knot when tying your shoes). You can do another basic knot so the scarf doesn’t slip off or you can use a scarf ring.
The hipster trend has taken many styles of generations past and created an entire fashion sense accordingly; this genre is slowly taking over the fashion world. The three main subcategories for the geek chic style consist of the most typically seen: wayfarer frames, cateye frames, and perfectly round sunglasses frames. The thick plastic wayfarer style frames were the first to take off, and can now be seen just about everywhere; and they are just as cool whether made as eyeglasses or sunglasses! Cateye styled frames are usually directed more toward the female population, and add a little extra sass to your look! The perfectly round sunglasses (and eyeglasses) frames resemble John Lennon’s look quite a lot, and that style has sure made a comeback!
The rest of the styles of sunglasses come in the form of all: classic styles! While this category can be broken down even more, we’ve taken the three biggest subsections to try and help you decipher what style looks best on you! These three styles and shapes include the strict and serious aviators, large bug-type sunglasses, and classic sports shades! The aviator shades took off a few years ago, and while they’ve always been pretty in-style with police officers, were readily available for just about everyone in any age. This classic look isn’t going out without a fight, and are still just as cool! Most of the larger bug looking frames were also taken from past generations’ styles; while they are more directed to women, there are certainly large, thick plastic frames for men as well! Lastly, sports sunglasses actually can come in all different shapes and styles; however typically they all have the same general look. On top of their style, they typically offer more durability than other types of sunglasses.
Most of these rules can actually be applied to eyeglasses frames along with your perspective sunglasses, so keep that in mind when you’re on your next shopping trip – no matter which you’re looking for! You can find these styles on all spectrums of the quality and pricing scales. Choose to spend tons of money (usually on designer frames, or perhaps at your local glasses shop), or opt to spend less on high quality, cheap glasses online. We hope that this guide has offered you some assistance in determining which sunglasses style fits you best. Good luck shopping to protect those eyes from the sun!
Firstly, and most anciently, is the arisaid. This garment is more or less the female equivalent of the gentleman’s Great Kilt, simply a long length of wool tartan fabric which the wearer pleats and arranges herself each time it is worn. This belted plaid is normally worn longer in length than the men’s version, and usually features a linen shift or tunic worn underneath for modesty, as the skirt joins at the front rather than overlapping as does a man’s kilt. It can be worn in a variety of ways, using the upper portion of the fabric as extra skirt material, a cape, hood, or sash. The airsaid is most commonly seen at Renaissance fairs, re-enactment groups, and some Highland Games nowadays – but this garment has also inspired designs for more modern garments as well.
Another very traditional style is the ladies outfit known as Aboyne Dress. This particular style has been adopted by female Highland dancers for certain dances, and a civilian version can also still be seen at ceilidhs, Burns Suppers, and other traditional gatherings. The dancers version features a traditional kilted (meaning pleated at the back only) skirt, very similar to the male version, white blouse, velvet embroidered waistcoat, and tartan sash. Dancer’s Fancy tartans are popular for these outfits; these are tartans, often clan or family ones, which have been redesigned to suit female dancers, with bright colours and white backgrounds to ensure they stand out on stage when being judged competitively. The casual version of this outfit is almost the same, but will probably feature a longer, softer kilted skirt, more suitable for country dancing and socialising.
These outfits however, though very attractive and historical, may not suit the majority of modern women. Many ladies prefer instead to simply add a touch of their or their husband’s clan tartan in the form of a traditional accessory. These can take many forms, but most popular of all, is surely the tartan sash, as worn in the Aboyne Dress outfit detailed above. The tartan sash has a nuanced style of wear for such a simple item, with different pinning arrangements conferring information about the wearer. Following extensive research, the Lord Lyon King of Arms has authorised several methods as being particularly meaningful, and although these do not have legal standing, adherence to tradition is appreciated. The first method is used by female clan members, either unmarried ladies, or ladies who have married in and adopted the clan tartan. It involves gathering the sash from left to right diagonally across your chest, and pinning it at your right shoulder. The second method is the same but from right to left, and is used by the wives of clan chiefs, or the wives of Scottish Regimental Colonels. The third main style is to wear the sash draped over your right shoulder, then pull it over and pin it, or tie it in a large bow, at your left hip. Traditionally this approach is reserved for married ladies who have decided to retain the use of their own clan tartan, but it is quite a popular look in general. Dancers also have their own method of wearing this accessory, pinning the sash on the right as normal, but flicking both loose ends to their back and tucking them into the waistband of their skirts, or a special belt, to ensure the sash does not interfere with their dancing. Members of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society wear their sashes on the left by dispensation from Queen Elizabeth II, in recognition of their special status among Scottish dancers, and are the only dancing group permitted to do so.
Pantone colors – the bible for every company to color reference- the factories making the designs in Asia, India and Central America who are responsible for dying the merchandise wouldn’t have a color reference to achieve.
Every year, the company hosts a vote for a particular color for the upcoming year. Colorist leaders around the globe have presentations and debate on the matter. In the fashion and interior realm, designers and staff use these little color swatch cards to create their upcoming collections based on the colors chosen. It is the key piece of communication between the designers in New York and their fulfillment factories in China. Interior designers use the new color combinations to create textiles for the home that reflect the primary color and further translate it for consumers.
The 2013 color of the year is Emerald Green. This warm jewel tone is the hue of new life, beauty, and new prosperity. Within different cultures and religions around the globe in agreement with this colors meaning, color forecasters feel like this color will rejuvenate people within the home and with the fashion industry collectively. This hue will be translated to all price points for consumers as well as the beauty industry. The beauty and fragrance retailer, Sephora, plans to even launch their first pallet of eye shadows in relation to the Pantone color this upcoming March. The limited edition pallet will include hues of greens and blues for women to create the perfect jewel tone eye.
Whether you’re in personal agreement for the popular color of the season or not, Pantone LLC makes the rules. If you’re favorite color happens to be in agreement with the presidential color, may you redecorate with ease. However, all other colors do not take the back seat and are forgotten throughout the year. Some colors maybe harder to obtain in stores and online though because of this reason. Not to worry, many retailers keep the rest of the rainbow in mind while designing their collections.
- Formal occasions– When you dress up for a formal occasion such as a black-tie dinner party, it’s best to keep your accessories simple to achieve a classic and elegant look. A beautiful single-stranded freshwater or Akoya pearl necklace paired with matching earrings can instantly add glamour to your little black dress. Depending on the colour, you may even want to accessorise your outfit with a multi-coloured pearl strand or a bracelet to achieve a more contemporary look. For a bold and flamboyant style, South Sea pearls can be great to highlight your face and neck. With their large size and stunning gold colour, you can be certain heads will turn wherever you go.
- Weddings– As a symbol of health and purity, pearls are perfect for bridal wear. On your wedding day, select a shade of pearls that matches the colour of your wedding dress. If your gown is white, then the bride’s pearl jewellery should be white as well. If there are pearls on your wedding gown and veil, the colour of the pearls you select to wear should match closely to those on your dress and veil. Remember to keep your look chic and elegant and not to wear too many pieces. The princess length (17-19 in.) or the choker (14-16 in.) is probably the best to complement your dress. After all, you want the focus to be on your dress and not on your accessories. To accentuate your neckline, dangled pearl earrings will bring a very romantic look when paired with a sophisticated up-do hairstyle.
- Work– When choosing pearl jewellery to wear at work, go for something that is stylish but simple. You want to keep your look professional and not over-exaggerated. Pearl stud earrings are the all-time favourites and a beautiful strand of pearls can give you a confident and polished look. Pearl pendants are also a great choice when you want a more subtle and contemporary effect.
- Casual – With everyday casual attire, pearls can be fun to wear. Be bold to try out pearls with different shapes and colours. You would be amazed to see how they transform your look. Multi-coloured pearl strands work very well with a simple white shirt paired with jeans. Layering up your neck with a long necklace can create different effects that are fashionable and stylish. Once again you want the pearl jewellery to complement your attire and bring out your personality. Accessorise your outfit with Tahitian pearls can give you an exotic and sophisticated look.