- Embroidered scarves carry the unique work-pattern found in traditional scarves worn during the Roman times and hence, are reminiscent of their history. One can see a marvelous display of appliqué work by the expert artisans. Another common scarf happens to be made of wool. It has always been in demand for being warm, comfortable and convenient to carry. Made from fleece of sheep, it can match any of your winter wear.
- A hand-painted piece is an example of beautiful interplay of skill and creativity at its best. It usually exhibits a play of intricate designs and colors to cast a lasting spell on the wearer. This unique accessory can be made from fabrics including cotton, wool, chiffon, satin or georgette. It can be used for any purpose from being a simple neck scarf to hip scarf, beach scarf and what not.
- Next is the knitted scarf. This piece is used as a fashion accessory and has become an important part of any woman’s wardrobe. New experiments are being done by the artisans to bring exclusive designer pieces for the fashion conscious milieu. Common fabrics used in making a knitted one are wool, pashmina or cotton. Available in different sizes and shapes, it can be worn as a winter, head or neck scarf.
- A scarf in silk is believed to have its origin during 1000 B.C. when it was worn by warriors of a renowned Chinese Emperor Cheng. Such is made from woven fabric material and helps to keep the body warm and comfortable during the winters. However, it’s equally good to be worn during the summers or just in any season you like as it adds flair to your personality.
- A bandana scarf is becoming increasingly common these days, thanks to the changing fashion trends. It is derived from the Hindi word ‘bandhana’, which means ‘to tie’. It has beautiful play of contrast and matching colors with bold, exquisite designs to go with any of your outfit. It adds a sparkle to any simple or drab piece of clothing.
- A beaded scarf is embellished with beads of varied colors and sizes to give it a special look. Beads used in making such exclusive pieces of clothing can be glass, plastic and metallic beads. Different designs and patterns are made using such beads on the cloth. A sequine scarf is somewhat similar to the beaded version. However, the difference lies in the fact that it is decorated with star-like adornments to form exclusive designs.
Whichever scarf you may choose, one thing is for sure… it will add color and flair to any of your outfits. They happen to be a wonderful fashion accessy in the lives of many men and women.